Posted on Sunday March 13, 2016 by Eric Potvin
It is important to read logs peridiocally.
Here are some important logs to read:
- /var/log/messages - The main system logs or current activity logs are available.
- /var/log/auth.log - Authentication logs
- /var/log/kern.log - Kernel logs
- /var/log/cron.log - Crond logs (cron job)
- /var/log/maillog - Mail server logs
- /var/log/boot.log - System boot log
- /var/log/mysqld.log - MySQL database server log file
- /var/log/secure - Authentication log
- /var/log/ufw.log - Firewall log
- /var/log/utmp or /var/log/wtmp - Login records file.